Monday, August 22, 2005

Break from Knitting

I haven't really been feeling like knitting lately. I have 2 projects sitting in their baskets by my easy chair just waiting for me to take them up. They are both so close to being complete that you'd think that would motivate me to work on them. Alas, no, I'm afraid that summer weather has taken its toll and soured me on knitting for the moment. I'm still keen to work with other types of fiber, however.

This is a little piece of crazy quilting I made today. It's about 3-1/2 inches square, small enough to make it very quick to finish. So small, in fact, that I didn't bother to dig out the sewing machine or try to find the ironing board. It was a relaxing little hand sewing project that I worked on while supervising the toddler.

What possessed me to work on a miniature hand-pieced crazy quilt block you may ask? Why, to fill the empty 'window' in the cover of my new journal, of course!

I could put a photo of one of my needlework projects in that window, but the idea just doesn't sit right with me. I just can't pass up the opportunity (or is it excuse?) to make a new little piece to fit into the opening perfectly.

I guess I'm a die-hard fiber artist after all.

No comments: